A Workshop in SNAI
I went to Shanghai last week for a Bond Market Development workshop - the first international course for me after 3 years being in this so-called capital market unit. It was really a good course - an excellent knowledge-sharing session. As for the sightseeing journal, let my 'Passport to the World' do its job.
I reached Shanghai National Accounting Institute (SNAI) at almost 4pm, along with colleague from Bank Negara - Danny and Yazmin. After we registered at the counter, we proceeded ourselves to Apartment Building No.9.
During dinner time, I managed to catch up with my colleague from MOF - Hasnida and Maznida.
Day 1
I woke up at 4.58am and the sun was already shining brightly. Then, I looked at Shanghai's syuruk time and I just realized that Subuh was already over at 4.55am. Warghhh...so I went to the bathroom and after that, I performed my Subuh prayer. I couldn't sleep even though it was just 5.15am. Now I know how it feels to be in the longer daytime summer and today, I experienced it.
After breakfast, we went to the lecture building. While walking to our short destination, I looked at my watch. Mmm...it was just 8.30am in the morning but the hot weather a.k.a heat wave could be equivalent to our noon weather in Malaysia.
The lecture session was really insightful. An eye-opener for me on other regional countries' bond market development.
Then, it was lunch time and I just ate some fruits and later, I would satisfy myself with my stock of foods a.k.a Maggi Mee and Brahims.
Before that, some piccas moment of the beautiful scene in SNAI.
A welcoming dinner was planned for us in the Swan Lake area at 6.30pm. I was in awe when I saw the place that they have prepared for us to eat...it was like we're going to have a garden wedding..really beautiful.
..and I saw...not the pure white swan but the black swan..mmm..something different.
I had a great time and our table - the mini-gathering of Malaysia and Indonesia delegates - was the loudest and we had fun talking about simple matters in life.
Day 2
Another interesting day and I took a nice picture of our lecture building as a background. During one of the lectures, I took the opportunity to ask Mr. Taka regarding the cross border securities development and this guy was really good, such an experts in the world of bond market.
Day 3
All the lectures were good. At the end of the day, there was a group breakout session. I presented findings from Group 1, along with Dadan from Indonesia. Later that day, we received the meaningful certificate for attending this workshop.
Day 4
A delegate from Cambodia gave us the information that the institute got a nice bowling area and we did go to the sports area and enjoyed the facilities that they provided.
Day 5
It was time to go home. Thank you SNAI for everything.
Comments